It all started when I lost my Pants

poetry, musing, short stories and generally the inner workings of the brain of a 30-something year old woman who is a little nutty, a little sane, a little loud and just a little shy.

Monday, November 14, 2005

The end of an era

Well the weekend saw me through the end of the play I was in, "Arsenic and Old Lace". It was a wonderful way to return to Williams Lake, and a fabulous reason to stay up late and dream little dreams. I met some amazing people, rediscovered some (well one anyhow - amazing how true it is that the more things change, the more they stay the same and how simply grand that can be). I renewed a love for the theatre and everything it involves, and also came face to face with the blunt reality that I need to drop a few dress sizes. Seeing oneself on film does nothing for the ego. Ahhhh but the theatre - it is a fantastic thing, drama, intrigue, laughter, and unrequited love - and that is just what happens off the stage. Can anything be better? Perhaps. Though I think it is a great space to be able to just be ... Me - creative, a little flighty, deep and layered (though I suppose only the sheltered few get that part), flirty ... and so on.
How do I feel about Arsenic ending? I am quite fine. It is the ending of one, and the beginning of something new. Some of the characters remain the same, and as for the rest - new faces, some to stay, some to fade away I am sure. All one can be sure of is that it will be yet another adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Visitor Counters
Electric Scooters